Alan Peters Furniture Maker
A taster of a 47 minute documentary film by Jeremy Broun (completed in September 2009) about one of Britain's greatest furniture makers who sadly died in... Alan George Peters OBE (17 January 1933 - 11 October 2009) was a British furniture designer maker and one of the very few direct links with the Arts and Crafts Movement, having apprenticed to Edward Barnsley. He set up his own workshop in the Sixties.
Alan Peters OBE (1933-2009) was apprenticed to Edward Barnsley and directly linked to the English Arts and Crafts Movement. Andrew Lawton - designer-maker who worked with Alan Peters and on his last commission. David Barron - maker of fine contemporary furniture and tool maker. Alan Peters OBE (1933 - 2009) was one of Britain's most prominent furniture designer makers of the latter part of the 20th Century. He was apprenticed to Edward Barnsley and was a direct link to the English Arts & Crafts Movement. He was hugely influential internationally in his practice, teaching and...
Alan Peters OBE was a British furniture designer maker. In 1990 he was awarded the OBE for his services to furniture. Alan Peters, who has died aged 76, spent much of his life sharing his passion for wood and furniture design. Anyone who met him would notice how he stroked the wood while sharing his A modest man, Alan was arguably the leader of a generation of furniture designer-makers in the 1970s and 80s.
In the issue of The Economist dated November 7th, 2009, there was an obituary about Alan Peters, furniture maker, who died on October 11th, 2009 In contrast to many of today's school-leavers, who look for instant success and celebrity, the furniture designer Alan Peters served seven years'... Alan Peters: furniture designer. Saturday October 24 2009, 6.27pm, The Times. Peters was a main exponent of the 1970s British furniture craft revival, and to a generation of woodworkers he is considered to be the greatest British designer-maker.
Alan Peters: Furniture maker. An exhibition organised by Cheltenham Art Gallery & Museums to celebrate ten years of work since his visit to Japan in 1975. English Furniture Maker was living link to Britain's Arts & Crafts Movement. Overseas, the woodworking world has lost another important figure, Alan Peters. Peters died Oct. 11 and his obituary appeared in newspapers in England this past weekend.
TheArts andCrafts Legacy Much English period furniture is amishmash of influences, often the result of royal courtiers re- turning from the continent with the latest fad, whether it be an animal foot carved into a chair leg, or a highly gilded surface for a table top. In themain furni- turewas for the rich, but thenall... The Alan Peters Online Furniture Award Prize Giving Ceremony. Alan Peters Master Craftsman (by Andrew Lawton). The Alan Peters Online Furniture Award 2021 - Guidelines. Alan Peters furniture maker - British Woodworking magazine review.
- Furniture Store Market Drayton
- Allure Furniture Elkhart In
- Abaca Furniture Reviews
- American Empire Period Furniture
- Office Furniture Warehouse Adelaide
- Hotel Furniture Suppliers Australia
- American Craftsman Style Furniture
- Furniture Stores In Chennai Anna Nagar
- Afg Baby Furniture Mikaila Kailyn Wood Convertible Crib
- Ahf Furniture Customer Services
- Modern Office Furniture London
- Abide Furniture Store
- Bespoke Furniture Belfast
- Aeroplane Furniture
- Ac Furniture Catalog
- American City Furniture Near Me
- Ace Casual Furniture Stool
- Afr Furniture Rental Referral
- Modern Office Furniture Perth
- Connolly Furniture Castro Valley
- Interior Design Furniture Nz
- Aarons Furniture Newport Ky
- Ace Furniture Warehouse Columbus Ga
- Ashley Furniture Doorbuster Sale 2020
- Garden Furniture Hire Glasgow
- Teak Furniture Cornwall
- Handcrafted Furniture Perth
- Afw Furniture Colorado Springs
- Fitted Furniture Manchester
- Alberts Furniture Mi